Have you ever popped opened that brand new ruby red lipstick and..bit a huge chunk out of it and swallowed it like a ripe piece of fruit? No?! Well, you might as well start picking out your favorite color lipstick now because the average woman is already digesting about 4 pounds of it during her lifetime.
Only about 11% of over 10.5K ingredients used in all personal-care products are documented and assessed for safety by the U.S. government. In the European region over 1100 ingredients were banned from its usage in cosmetics, whereas in the U.S. only ten ingredients were forbidden. Let that information sink in..along with the 20% of personal-care products all containing at least one chemical linked to cancer. Yikes!
In the European region over 1100 ingredients were banned from its usage in cosmetics, whereas in the U.S. only ten ingredients were forbidden. Let that information sink in.. along with the 20% of personal-care products all containing at least one chemical linked to cancer. Yikes!
Are you thinking about changing your beauty routine to be a little greener? You don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to get a better cleanser or lotion. It’s very attainable. Let’s “greenify” your beauty routine by using organic plant and tree base products.
– Let’s makes things simple again. Simplify your tedious and arduous routine and make it stupid simple. Cosmetic advertising likes to bring new products to market and convince the masses why they need it in their life. It’s their job! Don’t get mad at them for making a living. Do you, and what you can do is keep things simple. All you need in your routine is a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Find what works for you and stick to it.
– Read labels. It can be cumbersome but hear us out. In the beauty industry, they have their language, and it pays to understand what you are buying into. For example just because that lotion says its “natural” or “all natural” does not mean that it is. Those are not regulated terms which means cosmetics are allowed to use it as they please. Read labels people and familiarize yourselves with what is toxic to your body and what is organic.
– Fragrance is not your friend. Fragrance-free is always better. Fragrances and perfumes can contain a ton of chemicals which can trigger too many health problems or reactions. Stray away. Who knows what the fragrance is trying to mask in the first place right?
– Beauty is also on the inside. Eat healthily. Diet and exercise can do wonders for our skin, nails, and hair. Blood circulation is vital as well as water intake so also be mindful of what you put into your body as well as what you put on it.
– Do it yourself. We don’t like guessing games so why not make your skin care products, so you know what exactly you’re putting on your body. There’s a bunch of organic ingredients that you can get from almost anywhere if you don’t already have it at home.
So start simplifying and beautifying. Your body and mind will thank you later, we promise.